Why You Should Be Using an Ice Roller On Your Face
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 What Are Ice Rollers?
- 02 What Does An Ice Roller Do For The Skin?
- 03 How To Use An Ice Roller
- 04 The Project E Beauty Ice Roller Cold Therapy
These days, there are so many ways to look better. With all the current beauty trends, one thing is quite obvious. The trend is moving away from surgical procedures and focusing more on non-invasive, all-natural treatments or so-called hacks. A painless and convenient skin treatment with immediate results? In this day and age, it’s possible.
If you're looking for a simple and effective way to improve your skin's appearance and health, adding an ice roller to your skincare routine may be the answer you've been searching for. Not only does it help reduce puffiness and inflammation, but it can also brighten and soothe your skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
Need more reasons why ice rollers should be non-negotiable in your daily regimen? Read on and discover the wonders of ice rolling today.
What Are Ice Rollers?
Ice rollers are small handheld devices that are chilled in the fridge for hours and when they’re ready, you roll them across your face to experience instant lifting, tightening, and depuffing benefits. It works on the principle of cryotherapy.
What is cryotherapy?
Also known as cold therapy, cryotherapy is simply the use of devices, instruments, or tools that utilize cold temperatures to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic conditions.
There are many factors that can cause facial puffiness and swollen under eyes. For one, lack of restorative sleep keeps your blood vessels more awake or dilated causing poor circulation and fluid retention. This can explain a puffed up or bloated look in the morning.
The application of cold temperatures helps constrict or relax these blood vessels, massaging action improves lymphatic or fluid drainage. Controlled blood flow paired with improved drainage helps to eventually calm down swelling.
Cryotherapy facial treatments can be done at home with the right tools such as the ice roller for eyes and face.
What Does An Ice Roller Do For The Skin?
You don’t have to wait for weeks or months to see the effects of using an ice roller for eyes. Add a little chill to your skincare routine and get these instant cryotherapy benefits.
- Reduced puffiness & inflammation - Improved blood flow and excess fluid drainage reduces puffiness and bloating, calms irritated and inflamed skin
- Instant facelifting - Tightens pores to improve skin tone, reduce lines, lift and tighten skin, and brighten complexion, shapes and contours the face
- Relaxed and stress-free - Reinvigorates with deep kneading action, helps alleviate fatigue and melt away stress, provides soothing relief for migraine pain and throbbing headaches
How To Use An Ice Roller
Ice rolling is so easy to do that it can effortlessly fit into any type of skincare routine. Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of this cool treatment.
- Always use upward and outward motions to essentially lift the skin. Lift forehead skin by rolling towards the hairline, move towards the ears when doing the under eye area and cheeks, and so on.
- Keep in mind that you are trying to lift the skin up. Do not roll backwards or downwards. Only make repetitive upward/outward rolling motions.
- Transform this skincare routine step into a self-care moment, use the roller to massage your temples and feel relief from fatigue and headaches.
- For best results, use the ice roller to help your skin absorb your favorite face cream, serum, or essence.
- Apply gentle pressure only and take extra care when rolling over the under eye area.
- Ice rolling is a great way to minimize pore size, lift skin, and enhance the natural face contour before makeup application.
The Project E Beauty Ice Roller Cold Therapy
Harper’s Bazaar lists the Project E Beauty Ice Roller Cold Therapy tool as one of the best ice face rollers that soothe and depuff. This ice roller makes use of natural cold temperatures to enhance blood circulation and improve drainage. See visible results immediately: minimized pore size, smoother skin, reduced redness and inflammation, and a more radiant and youthful glow.
The Project E Beauty ice roller is conveniently sized to cover the entire eye area. Byrdie’s team of editors and contributors considers this as the best roller for the under eyes. As for safety, it’s equipped with a roller head with curved edges to prevent injury.
The roller head is also made of non-irritating material and can be detached for easy freezing and cleaning. Conveniently use on normal, dry, oily, combination, and sensitive skin types. No batteries needed. To cool, simply place the roller head in the freezer for 4 hours prior to use.
written by Sophie Flair