The Best Skin Secret? Try an Ice Roller (Yes, Really)
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 Meet The Ice Roller
- 02 What Do Ice Rollers Do For The Skin?
- 03 Tips On How To Use An Ice Roller
- 04 When To Use An Ice Roller?
Cold therapy has been used for a very long time to lessen pain, swelling, and inflammation. The application of cold temperatures even has a special place in sports medicine, particularly in muscle repair and recovery. Professional athletes and even several A-list celebrities vouch for its many benefits, which include healing and anti-aging.
You don’t need to be rich and famous to be able to experience the benefits of cold therapy. Here’s a cheap and convenient tool for your skin: the ice roller. Simply freeze for an hour or two and repeatedly run it across your face for maximum benefits. How effective is this?
Continue reading and learn more about this type of cold treatment and some techniques to help you make the most out of your cold therapy device.
Meet The Ice Roller
Ice rollers are a recent addition to the world of beauty tools, and have quickly gained popularity for their ability to instantly reduce puffiness, tighten and lift skin, and soothe inflammation. These handheld devices are fitted with a roller ball that you can freeze and then glide over your face to reap the benefits of cold therapy, also known as cryotherapy.
What is cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is simply the use of devices, instruments, or tools that utilize cold temperatures to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic conditions.
How does cold therapy work? The application of cold temperatures helps constrict or relax blood vessels while the massaging action improves lymphatic (fluid) drainage. Controlled blood flow paired with improved drainage helps to calm down swelling, puffiness, and inflammation. The anti-inflammatory effects of cold temperatures slows down the aging process and gives you a refreshed and brighter complexion.
Cryotherapy facial treatments can be done at home with the right tools such as the ice roller for eyes and face from Project E Beauty. Harper’s Bazaar lists this ice roller as one of the 14 best face rollers that soothe and depuff.
What Do Ice Rollers Do For The Skin?
When chilled and applied to the face, a cold therapy massager offers a range of benefits for the skin. From soothing irritated skin to tightening pores, it’s a versatile addition to any type of skincare routine. Here are some cryotherapy benefits using an ice roller:
- Significantly reduced puffiness and swelling - improved blood flow and excess fluid drainage minimizes facial bloating and calms down signs of inflammation
- Instant anti-aging effects – use of ice rollers tightens pores which gives off the look of a more even skin tone, reduced wrinkling, and a brighter complexion
- Better absorption of products - use an ice roller to spread products on your skin and massage to assist in absorption
- Here’s a bonus: Relaxing self-care tool - ice rolling helps release pressure and melt away tension, stress, and fatigue
Tips On How To Use An Ice Roller
Using a new beauty tool for the first time can be intimidating, even if it’s as simple as an ice roller. But fear not, here are some expert tips and tricks to help you make the most of this cool treatment.
- First things first, make sure your ice roller is icy cold before use. Freeze it for an hour or two, or follow the manufacturer’s instructions on freezing the product.
- Always start with a clean face. Do your normal face cleaning routine, including makeup removal.
- When rolling, always roll upwards and outwards to lift the skin. For example, when rolling on your forehead, start at the center and move towards the hairline. For under-eye and cheek areas, move towards the ears.
- Keep in mind that you are trying to lift the skin up. Do not roll backwards or downwards.
- Take advantage of this self-care moment by using the roller to massage your temples. You may even feel relief from fatigue and headaches.
- For best results, use the ice roller to help your skin absorb your favorite face cream, serum, or essence.
- Remember to apply gentle pressure and take extra care when rolling over the delicate under-eye area.
- Using an ice roller is a great way to minimize pores, lift skin, and enhance your natural face contour before applying makeup.
When To Use An Ice Roller?
You can use an ice roller at any time of day, depending on your preferences and skincare routine. Some people prefer to use it in the morning to help reduce puffiness and inflammation that can occur overnight, while others prefer to use it in the evening as a way to wind down after a long day. Big day ahead? Use your ice roller to prep your skin for makeup application.
Ice rolling is also a great midday pick-me-up to refresh your complexion and give yourself a boost of energy. Ultimately, the goal is to find a time that works best for you and your skincare routine. Keep in mind that you should only use the roller a few minutes at a time to avoid over-stimulating your skin. Check your results by taking ice roller before and after photos!
Clear and Glowing Summer Skin
It’s possible! Don’t let the sun stop you from having gorgeous skin. Use the code HYDRATENOW from July 18, 2023 to August 15, 2023 and get a FREE Hyaluronic Acid Serum on orders over 150 USD and free worldwide shipping on orders over 100 USD.
written by Olivia Khader