Say Goodbye To Forehead Wrinkles in 9 Easy Steps
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 What Causes Forehead Wrinkles?
- 02 Are Forehead Wrinkles Reversible?
- 03 How To Prevent Forehead Wrinkles?
- 04 Anti-Wrinkle Skincare Products To Try
Wrinkles are equal parts amazing and frustrating. As most of them are created by habitual facial expressions, a fold or a crease can hold a precious memory - whether it’s a laughable or worrisome moment. By frustrating, the appearance of lines is very telling of one’s age which is not good news for those who would rather keep it a secret.
Forehead wrinkles are nothing to worry about but being in an obvious location, it’s hard not to knit your brow over this sign of skin aging. Collagen supplements and religious application of hyaluronic acid serum can help smooth out most wrinkles. You can also adapt a skincare routine to help prevent frown and laugh lines from becoming a permanent fixture on your face.
Learn more about forehead wrinkles, what causes them, and some anti-aging tips and skincare products to check out.
What Causes Forehead Wrinkles?
Skin wrinkling is part of the aging process. Collagen is responsible for giving the skin its firmness and elasticity, and as you age, your body produces less and less of it. This decrease leads to wrinkles and lines. Additionally, external factors like sun exposure and lifestyle habits like smoking and drinking can further exacerbate loss of collagen.
There are internal and external factors that contribute to the formation of forehead wrinkles.
Are Forehead Wrinkles Reversible?
First, you have to distinguish the type of creasing you have on your forehead: are those fine lines or wrinkles? Fine lines are baby wrinkles; wispy, thinner, and shorter, almost hard to see. These lines are shallower and are therefore easy to erase with consistent use of anti-aging products and treatments.
Wrinkles are mostly fine lines that have been etched deeper into the skin. These are more visible - frown lines or the horizontal folds across the forehead and the 11’s or the vertical lines in between your eyebrows.This imprint is harder (or almost impossible) to eliminate but can be softened with the help of anti-aging remedies.
Fine lines will eventually become wrinkles, that's why they shouldn’t be ignored. Skin experts recommend starting an anti-aging routine in your early 20s. Preventative steps taken early on can help delay skin aging and possibly even help reverse sun damage.
How To Prevent Forehead Wrinkles?
The best way to prevent forehead wrinkles is to take care of your complexion from the inside as well as the outside.
- Protect from the sun - Limit sun exposure if you can. Wear sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 even on cloudy days.
- Don’t skip the moisturizer - Dryness is a sure recipe for a wrinkly disaster. Moisturizing protects the skin from moisture loss and keeps the skin barrier intact.
- Worry (frown) less - You can’t avoid stress, but you can manage it. The stress hormone cortisol breaks down collagen and most frown lines are caused by making a worried face. Relax, you got this!
- Have a balanced diet - Don’t deprive yourself - just limit yourself. No too much sugar, salt, and oily stuff. Good health translates into a healthy-looking complexion.
- Quit bad lifestyle choices - Stop habits that may allow toxins to enter your body - smoking, drinking alcohol, sleep deprivation, binge eating, and more.
- Choose essential skincare products - Collagen supplements, hyaluronic acid serum and vitamin C, and retinoids are just some examples of the best anti-aging products that are easily accessible in different forms.
- Try in-clinic treatments - If your budget allows it, treat your skin to occasional pampering moments in the hands of a professional. Check what your favorite beauty clinic has to offer: injectables, laser technology, chemical peels, microcurrent facials, and more.
- Consider at-home beauty devices - Portable beauty devices are the best choice for individuals with active lifestyles. Use of a LED light therapy mask is a truly convenient way to maintain skin health at home.
- Ask for professional advice - Don’t just google it, only take advice from a dermatologist especially for severe and stubborn skin conditions. This is a more practical approach if you’re looking for long-term solutions that are more efficient.
Anti-Wrinkle Skincare Products To Try
There are a variety of anti-wrinkle devices available on the market designed to reduce and prevent the appearance of wrinkles on your forehead and your face. Always consult with a skincare expert before trying on a new treatment.
Zap signs of aging on your forehead and other parts of your face with this all-in-one skin treatment device that uses safe and effective high frequency electrical stimulation: the Project E Beauty D'arsonval High Frequency Wand Neon & Argon with six electrodes.
Supplement your skincare routine with an anti-aging superstar - the Project E Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Serum. Protect your skin from dryness - hyaluronic acid binds with water to help retain the skin’s moisture. Properly hydrated skin helps maintain a youthful and radiant look.
Replenish your body’s collagen reserve with the Project E Beauty anti-aging Aqua Collagen Gel. This skincare essential hydrates, smoothes out wrinkles, and plumps skin to give you a youthful glow.
Experience improved skin appearance with regular red light therapy sessions using the FDA-cleared LumaGlow | Red LED Light Therapy by Project E Beauty. Red light delivers energy straight to the skin cells, giving them more power to repair and regenerate - revealing youthful, wrinkle-free skin.
A Special Treat For Women
You deserve clear and healthy skin all year long. Celebrate International Women’s Day with extra savings! Shop from March 1 to 15, 2023 and use the code IWD15 to get 15% off your order.
written by Olivia Khader