by Melissa Mahoney 12 Feb 2022
You’ve probably seen one of these strange, otherworldly-looking devices while scrolling through your social media feed. You see someone wearing a futuristic, Eyes-Wide-Shut-looking mask that covers the entire face. With its show-stopping design, you were probably curious to know more about it. Were you intrigued? Well, I am here to tell you, it is quite an intriguing device!
Project E-Beauty’s Photon Skin Rejuvenation Face and Neck Mask uses natural light waves through LED technology on the skin. Essentially, it’s a beauty device that can help improve the appearance, texture, aging, and elasticity of the skin. Are you still intrigued? You should be!
Photon light therapy is all the rage these days. Even spas are getting in on the action. But why go to a spa when you can purchase a device that pretty much does the same thing at home?
First thing’s first: when you receive your Photon Skin Rejuvenation Face and Neck Mask by Project E-Beauty, open the box and carefully remove the contents. The face mask and neckpiece are wired together and there is a remote control attached. Also inside the box is a charger as well as the earpieces that you’ll attach to the mask.
The mask itself has a bit of weight to it and seems very well made. Looking at the inside of the mask is dotted with numerous LED light bulbs that are meant to do all the hard work to improve your skin.
Make sure you read and understand all the instructions before using. And test the device before you use it. This is an important step.
Now, once you’ve tested the device and deemed it safe to use on your skin, place and secure the neck piece and then put the mask on your face. You will turn the device on and choose your color and time.
Each of the seven colors has its own benefit:
- Red Light: Red LED light therapy penetrates the skin more deeply than the other colors and is perhaps the most popular setting. Cells are stimulated at the level of 8-10 mm and this can aid in the production of collagen. Other benefits include the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing out the skin, and improving the skin’s elasticity.
- Blue Light: Blue LED light therapy penetrates closer to the skin’s surface at about 0.5 mm. It’s best used if you have oily skin or a rash. It can help reduce acne, tighten skin, and destroy bacteria.
- Green Light: Green LED light therapy is meant to be most beneficial to those with a mixed skin complexion. It helps with brightening dull skin and can help with the lymphatic system of the face as well as help with relaxation.
- Purple Light: Purple LED light therapy is good for improving blood circulation and can activate skin tissue as well as shrink pores.
- Cyan Light: Cyan LED light therapy can help with acne and skin inflammation.
- Yellow Light: Yellow LED light therapy can help with the lymphatic and nervous systems and helps improve and balance sensitive skin. Dark spots like freckles and blemishes can fade with the use of this color light as well.
- White Light: White LED light therapy helps to reduce and reverse the effects of aging and helps restore younger-looking skin. You can say it accelerates tissue metabolism.
Before you turn on the mask, decide what your skin needs most. Do you have fine lines or wrinkles? Acne? Age spots? Is your skin dull? Then, choose your color!
Once the mask is turned on, make sure you keep your eyes closed or at least don’t look directly into the lights. You also shouldn’t use the device if you are pregnant or are prone to migraines. Also make sure you are not using any product that has AHA or glycolic acid.
My skin has larger pores, some acne and acne scarring, and some fine lines. I decided to go with the red LED light therapy to start. Once I secured the neckpiece and placed the mask on my face, I turned it on, chose the red light which is the first setting, and set it to 10 minutes. I wanted to see how I could deal with sitting still for that long.
(Note: One thing about the mask is that it is a bit heavy and felt a little too heavy on the bridge of my nose.)
Now, it can be quite boring to lie there with a photon therapy device on your face but use this time to relax, meditate, listen to music…just practice mindfulness!
Over the next few weeks after my initial session, I started to see subtle improvements in my skin. My pores looked smaller, any acne I had was drying up before it could get serious. And some of my fine lines looked a little smoother. So, is this photon therapy mask worth it? I think so!
To order your Photon Skin Rejuvenation Face and Neck Mask by Project E-Beauty, head to this link.