How often should you use a facial steamer?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 What Is Facial Steaming?
- 02 What Are The Benefits Of Facial Steaming?
- 03 How Often Can You Use A Steamer?
- 04 How To Safely Do Facial Steaming At Home?
Facial steaming at home is not just a relaxing moment before a procedure, it is also in itself a highly beneficial skincare method that does wonders for the skin. But, like any other treatments you can do at home, is there a limit to how much you should do it?
How many times can you safely do it at home? Continue reading and learn more about this timeless skincare step and explore how frequently it's safe to indulge in facial steaming at home.
1. What is facial steaming?
Many people incorporate facial steaming into their skincare routine to thoroughly cleanse and prime the skin before applying other products or performing treatments such as facials.
What is facial steaming?
Facial steaming is exposing facial skin to vapor produced by heated water. It can be done at home using a portable or improvised face steamer, in a clinic, or during spa facial treatments.
Facial steaming is like a relaxing spa treatment for your skin. It uses gentle steam to create a cozy and refreshing experience that loosens and softens the outermost layer of your skin, called the stratum corneum. This makes it easier to remove excess oils and impurities, leaving your skin feeling clean and rejuvenated.
Contrary to popular belief, pores don't actually open or close with changes in temperature. The steam from facial steaming works its magic by helping other skincare products absorb better and giving your skin a beautiful, radiant glow.
2. What are the Benefits Of Facial Steaming
Using a face steamer machine has great benefits for your skin and overall well-being. Here are some face steamer benefits:
✔ Deep cleansing - clears out dirt and makeup residue from your pores, reducing blemishes.
✔ Boosts hydration - steam increases oil production, moisturizing dry and dehydrated skin.
✔ Promotes collagen and elastin production - stimulates the production of these proteins, helping with anti-aging.
✔ Releases trapped sebum - gently exfoliates and removes excess oils, maintaining moisture balance in your skin.
✔ Enhances nutrient absorption - opens up your skin, making it ready to absorb active ingredients from skincare products.
✔ Softens the skin - makes your skin's surface softer, allowing for gentler and more comfortable extractions.
✔ Adds a healthy glow - better circulation and nutrient transportation give your skin a radiant and flushed appearance.
3. How often can you use a steamer?
It's important to first consider a few factors that may affect the results.
- Your skin type and sensitivity levels play a significant role. Some people may have more sensitive skin and might need to use the steamer less frequently to avoid any potential irritation or redness.
- Your overall skincare routine and goals are important to consider. If you have a comprehensive skincare routine that already includes various treatments and products, you might not need to use the facial steamer as frequently. On the other hand, if your goal is to deeply cleanse and hydrate your skin, you for more regular steaming sessions.
- External factors like the climate and environmental conditions you are exposed to can impact the frequency of using a facial steamer. For example, if you live in a dry climate, you might want to use the steamer more often to combat dryness. Alternatively, if you live in a humid environment, you may not need to use the steamer as frequently.
4. How to Safely Do Facial Steaming at Home
- Just like any procedure involving hot water, it's essential to prioritize safety to avoid the risk of burns. Ensure to maintain a safe distance and avoid direct contact between your face and the steamer machine. For maximum safety and effectiveness, maintain a distance of around eight to 12 inches away from the steam. This will prevent any potential discomfort or burns.
- Start your skincare routine by washing your face thoroughly to remove any dirt or makeup. After washing, completely dry your face before proceeding with facial steaming. Moisture on the skin can interfere with the effectiveness of the steam.
- To prevent mineral build-up in both your pores and the steaming machine, it is recommended to use distilled water for steaming. Tap water may contain minerals that can potentially clog your pores and the steamer.
- While facial steaming offers numerous benefits, it's important not to overdo it. Experts recommend incorporating face steaming into your regimen two to three times a week, with each session lasting 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, be cautious when exposing it to steam. Steam can trigger irritation, redness, and increase oil production. Individuals with inflammatory conditions like rosacea should consult their dermatologist before incorporating facial steaming into their routine.
- To ensure cleanliness and minimize the risk of spreading germs and bacteria, it's crucial to clean your personal steamer after each use.
Choosing the best facial steamer machine can be a daunting task, but if you're looking for a more effective option, consider the benefits of a nano facial steamer.
The Sensa Nano Ionic Facial Steamer by Project E Beauty is an innovative steamer designed to generate nano-sized steam particles, which are 10 times better at penetrating the skin compared to regular steam.
The advanced ion generator in the Sensa Facial Steamer creates microparticles that are easily absorbed by the skin, ensuring maximum benefits. These nano-sized particles quickly soften the pores, making them easier to clean and removing blackheads, whiteheads, and other impurities. The steaming process also promotes better circulation and oxygenation of the skin's surface.
To enhance your experience and make it even more relaxing and soothing, Sensa comes with aromatherapy baskets.
written by Sophie Flair