Slim Down Your Face: 2 Facial Tools for Puffiness and Swelling
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 What Causes Facial Puffiness?
- 02 How To Minimize Facial Puffiness? What Tools Can You Use For Depuffing?
- 03 Why Is Lymphatic Drainage Important?
- 04 What Are The Benefits Of A Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Waking up in the morning looking a bit plumper than normal is usually not a cause for concern. Facial puffiness is pretty common and it goes away on its own. For some, having a bloated face for an extended period of time is bothersome. Understanding what causes or triggers this condition is important if you want to minimize the look of puffiness.
If you’re struggling with fluid buildup, there are various remedies that you can try. Going under the knife is a sure way to achieve a more defined and chiseled look. There are also non invasive options. Consider including cryotherapy using an ice roller or lymphatic drainage massage into your skincare routine.
Ice rolling is an inexpensive and more natural way of reducing facial puffiness with extra benefits such as enhancing skin elasticity and boosting contouring efforts. But what are the facial rolling tools that do the most to minimize puffiness? How do these work? Read on and learn more about them.
What Causes Facial Puffiness?
Facial puffiness and swollen under eyes are caused by a lot of factors. Lack of regenerative sleep keeps your blood vessels dilated causing poor circulation and fluid retention. This is one of the main causes of a puffed-up or bloated look in the morning. It also does not help if you consume a lot of salty food. Increased sodium intake makes you thirsty but the excess water that you drink is not released in the urine. Instead it collects in different parts of the body, such as the face.
Alcohol consumption is also one of the main culprits of bloating. It causes many trips to the bathroom which makes your skin lose important nutrients and fluids. The body’s normal reaction to this is to retain water, thus the puffy look.
Causes beyond your control may include your period, health conditions, and some medications.
How To Minimize Facial Puffiness? What Tools Can You Use For Depuffing?
THE ICE ROLLER
Cryotherapy or the application of cold temperatures helps constrict or relax blood vessels, and massaging action improves lymphatic or fluid drainage. Controlled blood flow paired with improved drainage helps to eventually calm down the puffiness or swelling.
What is cryotherapy?
Also known as cold therapy, cryotherapy is simply the use of devices, instruments, or tools that utilize cold temperatures to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic conditions.
Cryotherapy facial treatments can be done at home with the right tools such as the ice roller for eyes and face. Harper’s Bazaar lists the Project E Beauty Ice Roller Cold Therapy tool as one of the best ice face rollers that soothe and depuff. It’s conveniently sized to cover the entire eye area. Byrdie’s team of editors and contributors also names this as the best roller for the under eyes.
Check your ice roller before and after photos. The best thing about using a cold therapy massager is that you can see and feel its instant effects. Cryotherapy benefits include the following:
- Visibly reduced puffiness and swelling - improved blood flow and excess fluid drainage minimizes facial bloating and calms down signs of inflammation
- Instant nonsurgical face lifting – use of ice rollers tightens pores which gives off the look of a more even skin tone, reduced wrinkling, and a brighter complexion
- Relaxed and stress-free - helps release pressure and melt away tension, stress, and fatigue
THE MICROCURRENT FACIAL ROLLER
The use of a microcurrent facial roller helps to dramatically improve lymphatic drainage plus a host of other skin rejuvenating benefits. Called the non-invasive facelift, a microcurrent facial uses low-grade electrical current to stimulate the muscles on the face.
Facial muscles also age as you do. That's why giving them a little jolt (of microcurrent) at least once a month is highly beneficial. Most microcurrent facial fans describe it as a facial muscle workout.
What is a microcurrent facial roller?
A microcurrent facial roller is a facial massage tool that utilizes safe and soft waves of electrical current to stimulate the skin.
The solar-powered Project E Beauty VORA Microcurrent Facial Roller sends a weak electrical current through the skin to tone the facial muscles. 3D kneading action effectively pulls and lifts facial skin while also improving blood circulation, lymphatic drainage, and boosting collagen production. Get this tool plus other amazing skincare products when you purchase the Project E Beauty Lifting All in One Skin Care Set.
Why Is Lymphatic Drainage Important?
The lymphatic system is a network of tubes that transport fluid all over the body. As a part of the immune system, it has many functions: maintenance of body fluid levels, protection from foreign invaders, absorption and disposal of fat, and cellular waste removal.
For proper function, the lymphatic system relies on muscle contraction and the overall lifestyle of an individual (diet, exercise, or the nonexistence of one or both). Lymphatic dysfunction occurs when lymph nodes do not filter properly causing fluid buildup.
A chain of lymph nodes runs all over the face and neck areas. Dysfunction in these zones may be evident as puffiness, dryness, dullness, and droopy skin. One convenient treatment to support your body’s transport system is called the lymphatic drainage massage.
What Are The Benefits Of A Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic massaging or drainage does not only make you look good and less puffy. It also aims to boost the body’s fluid draining capabilities to help improve natural processes such as healing and regeneration. The same technique works for the face and neck areas.
Lymphatic stimulation has a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Here are more of its benefits:
- Decreased puffiness - specific massaging actions follow the lymphatic flow to circulate stagnant fluid and eventually drain it. This helps deflate swelling.
- Brighter complexion - Poor circulation equals dull skin. Lymphatic massages enhance the flow and drainage of the lymph, ensuring that vital nutrients are transported to where they are needed the most. A well-nourished skin glows with health.
- Improve acne-prone skin - Lymph that accumulates in nodes may contain toxins that can cause inflammation. This can aggravate acne-prone and oily skin. Improved drainage gets rid of these harmful toxins to help heal acne and prevent further formation.
- Relax tired-looking skin - Just like any other massage, the lymphatic drainage method is also meant to revive the skin and improve overall well-being. Kneading techniques with the help of tools bring you to new heights of rest and relaxation.
Here’s a skincare treat for Dads!
Gift the dads in your life a sweet addition to their skincare routine - or build them one! Fill your carts with Project E Beauty bestsellers from June 9 to 22, 2023 and use the code FATHER10OFF to get 10% off your order.
written by Sophie Flair