So excited that this time we have invited Krystal Kamenides to test our Lumamask and review it. There are many scientific blogs and papers out on the internet that discuss all the pros and cons of using Photon Light Therapy masks, but it is always more convincing when a “real, live” person tries out the product and leaves a thorough and honest review! Read on to see what Krystal has to say about this LED light therapy device.
The Project E Beauty LED Lumamask (Model PE724) is a welcome addition to the sudden explosion of at-home, skincare tools that have hit the beauty tech market. This photon light therapy mask is for curious souls who want to see what the LED hoopla is about without breaking the bank. This ultra-lightweight, wireless LED face mask — packed built-in protective eye goggles — offers seven colors of photon LED light to treat skincare concerns and help maximize your skincare routine for that next-level glow.
A single salon or spa LED therapy session ranges from about $25 to $85 — and you’ll need repeat visits before you see results. Most at-home LED kits range from $25 to $350 (and I’ve seen some climb to $1200), which is why the $80 price tag of the Project E Beauty LED Lumamask is a worthwhile expenditure that will give you solid, skincare ROI.
Project E Beauty Led Lumamask Pricing and Tech Specs
The Project E Beauty LED Lumamask (Model PE724) is offered at a reasonable $80. It comes with a USB cable and a one-year warranty. At 140g this LED mask is ultra-lightweight. It measures 7 inches high and 6.3 inches wide. This model has 36 LEDs and 7 photon light therapy settings. Each light setting provides treatment for various skin concerns.
- Red Light(~630nm): penetrates the skin approximately 8-1-mm, which increases blood circulation and stimulates collagen production, reducing wrinkles and improving skin elasticity. Great for anti-aging use.
- Blue Light(~415nm): penetrates the skin approximately 0.5mm for optimized use for treating acne, rashes, and sensitive oily skin. Blue light is used to treat acne by destroying acne-causing bacteria and inhibiting inflammation.
- Green Light(~525nm): This setting has a calming effect and helps to lighten hyperpigmentation spots which brightens skin complexion. The calming effect also has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the surface of the skin. Green light may also smooth wrinkles and fine lines by helping to clear the face’s natural lymphatic system.
- Purple Light(~390nm): Improves lymph metabolism and microcirculation resulting in strengthened protein fiber tissue and the appearance of smaller pores.
- Cyan Light (~490nm): This setting provides gentle acne treatment and has a gentle stimulating effect that can help reduce skin inflammation and balance your skin’s texture.
- Yellow Light(~590nm): Used to increase wound healing, collagen induction, skin hydration and the overall health of the skin.
- White Light(~Mix): This setting synergistically helps activate the skin's natural renewal system to reverse the effects of aging
This five-ounce wireless LED face mask measures 7 inches in length and 6.3 inches in width. It’s ultra-lightweight, so you could slip it inside your travel tote and get your LED light therapy on during downtimes at your hotel.
Project E Beauty Led Lumamask Design
The pearl-esque Beauty LED Lumamask, adorned with rose-gold decals from the ear to the jawline, is reminiscent of a mask Iron Man would make for his daughter. I’m okay with that because it promises safe and effective LED light therapy, ensuring visible results with just 10 minutes of use every day.
Built-in eye-protective goggles help the mask stay put when in use. The tinted eye portal allows vision capability, so I can catch up on the latest episode of “What If…?” or my new favorite dermatologist hero show “Dr. Mercy”. The unit is also wireless, which offers portability and convenience.
The control box is located on the left temple and houses the single button control (to power the device on or off, and to select desired light therapy color setting), a micro-USB charging port and charging indicator light. Thirty-six LEDs strategically populate the wireless LED face mask’s interior: horizontally across the forehead area and on each cheek area (in a triangular formation), maximizing coverage and skin improvement.
Project E Beauty Led Lumamask: What’s to love about it?
As with any beauty tech device, consistency is key. It’s also important to supplement LED light therapy with a complete, regular skin care routine. I used the Project E Beauty LED Lumamask for two months and my skin conditions and my overall sense of well-being improved. My hyperpigmentation spots (which pop up randomly and unannounced like some of my relatives) have noticeably faded. It is even advertised to have anti-aging properties.
The Project E Beauty Lumamask, an LED light therapy tool, is an ideal addition to your skincare routine that yields results with consistency. Additionally, it uses the latest technology in light irradiation along with quality materials making it safe, comfortable, natural, and reusable.
The four ultimate features of this device include the 7 LED colors for a wide range of treatment, the ultra-light weight structure that makes it easy and comfortable to use, the fact that it is wireless, and that it is affordable.
The mask works by producing LEDs that penetrate your facial tissue to boost blood circulation and increase the skin’s ability to absorb serums and other topical treatments. Your skin absorbs this light energy, which then treats your skin condition depending on the color that is used. Your Light Therapy results will be more dramatic if you use high quality skin care products. You can apply Project E Beauty Aqua Collagen Gel or your preferred moisturizer before using the mask and/ or after the treatment to keep the skin smooth and moisturized.