IN THIS ARTICLE:
- 01 What is Red Light Therapy?
- 02 What are the benefits of Red Light Therapy?
- 03 What is Project E Beauty Red LED+ Anti-Aging Light Therapy?
- 04 Project E Beauty Red LED+ Anti-Aging Light Therapy Product Highlights
- 05 Conclusion
As a skin therapist, I am amazed by the power of light to treat our skin. Prevention is always better than cure, so I’ve had anti-inflammatory LED salon treatments to prevent ‘inflamaging’ for many years. Now I recommend LED to all my clients instead of splurging on overpriced ‘luxury’ moisturisers that just sit on the skin’s surface.
Red LED helped calm my stroppy perimenopausal skin when it could no longer tolerate strong anti-aging skincare actives like L-ascorbic acid and retinol. I was worried about aging prematurely without my actives, but the light stimulated skin-plumping collagen naturally without any irritation. As my oestrogen levels dropped and my skin became thin and dry, a course of LED improved my skin texture and softened my crows’ feet.
I love relaxing under the gentle glow for twenty minutes – it’s the same light used in lamps to treat SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I’m not surprised that this low-key treatment has become so popular: it’s safe for all skin types, painless, and non-invasive with no recovery time. It plays an invaluable role in skin health and is the secret weapon in our monthly age management routine.
But not everyone can afford monthly treatments, so when Project E Beauty asked me to review their at-home facial device, I jumped at the chance. I wanted to offer my clients an affordable way to upgrade their skincare routine and lift their mood at the same time!
What is Red Light Therapy?
Ever since NASA researchers proved the wound healing benefits of LED, clinics started offering red light therapy for anti-aging, and blue light for acne.
Red light therapy basically keeps our skin cells healthy. Photoreceptors in our skin allow skin cells to absorb the therapeutic red light and use it as an energy source. No wonder my skin looked so smooth and plump - my supercharged cells could hold onto moisture for longer! It also gently tricks the skin into thinking it has been wounded, releasing growth factors proven to stimulate collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid for younger-looking skin.
What are the benefits of Red Light Therapy?
None of this happens overnight – our skin cells take their own sweet time to develop. But it’s worth the wait.
- Smooths fine lines and prevents wrinkles
- Speeds up blood and cellular circulation for a healthy glow
- Improves skin elasticity
- Lessons redness and evens out skin tone
- Dampens down inflammation which causes premature ageing.
- Grows new collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid
What is Project E Beauty Red LED+ Anti-Aging Light Therapy?
Project E Beauty sent me their FDA Approved Red LED home device, which reaches 630nm into the skin for a rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory effect with no downtime. I couldn’t wait to try!
Project E Beauty Red LED+ Anti-Aging Light Therapy Product Highlights
- 40 red LED bulbs: red light can reach the dermis to stimulate new collagen and elastin for smoother, firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Safety design: the light will be automatically activated only when the device touches your skin.
- Two modes: continuous mode provides constant light energy for ten minutes; pulse mode provides a short specific pulse of light energy.
- 100% UV Free: no harmful UV rays emitted from the device; no recovery time after treatment.
It amazes me that UVA light ages our skin, but controlled levels of red light energise our cells for smoother, brighter skin. I love the idea of working with my body to grow my own collagen naturally – perfect for those of us with sensitive skin.
My skin looks rejuvenated and refreshed, and the ten minutes of ‘me’ time calms me down at the end of a long day. But you have to be patient with red LED – it’s not a quick fix. This gentle and understated treatment is always the bridegroom, never the bride. People want the big buck results of botox and filler, but LED is more concerned with your skin health and is in it for the long haul.
Think of it as part of an age management programme like going to the gym or eating broccoli. LED masks may be more convenient when time-poor, but handheld devices are a more affordable, portable first step.